Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Cry UNCLE!!

I know that Canada is referred to as "The Great White North," but this is rediculous already. Last winter we had the snowiest winter in 70 years. You'd think after that we might get a break this winter? Oh no, not this winter!! Yesterday I read this article. According to that article we have already been dumped on with 115 cm of snow. That's more than we usually get all winter. February and March are still to come and historically they are the snowiest months of the year. So we might break the all time record for snow this winter after coming oh so close last winter. I can only hope it doesn't mean this summer will be as wet as last summer.

This is what it looked like outside my in-laws' house on Sunday. We got even more snow last night. It all looks so pretty but I don't like having to drive in it or try to walk around in it.



On the knitting front, I am almost finished with the Moon Dance scarf I am making from some yarn I started a LONG time ago. I blogged about it here but other projects got in the way and it got lost in the UFO pile. DH handed me a bag 2 weeks ago and guess what was inside? I was just about finished with the Magickal Earth shawl so I decided it would be a great time to finally finish this up. I'm on the second border now and will have pictures when it's done.

I am not quite sure what is going on but last night when I finished the first border I turned the scarf around to start the second border and there was a HOLE in the scarf. This is the SECOND project I've had this problem. AGAIN it was a rip in the yarn. I promise, from now on there is no such thing as a scissor in the Go Knit bag when I have a WIP in it. I actually think I know what happeend in this case and it is my own stupidity. Now that I think back, I had a spot in the yarn that was a bit fuzzy and I ignored it. I am now thinking it must have been some sort of a knot and it let go. Anyway, the hole is fixed and, if I do say so myself, I have a difficult time finding it. I hope it will stay that way when I am done blocking.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:00 a.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    Those pictures of the back yard look like ours from a few weeks back. But here in Vancouver, it wasn't long before the rains came and washed most of it away. It certainly looks beautiful, but as you say, getting around in it is no fun.

    Hope your Feb/Mar are not too filled with snow.

     
  • At 6:05 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    The pictures are beautiful but I'm sure you are getting tired of all that snow. Agh---another hole! I have one in my circular shawl and I think it also was a knot that I missed. It's frustrating to have a gorgeous project with a hole in it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL