Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 26 of NaBloPoMo

It’s almost the end of the month and I feel the month is going to end the same way it began – with me having fits over Joseph’s school work. Yesterday he had detention AFTER school because he didn’t hand in any more units. His TA has told him he basically needs to get 2 signatures every 3 days or he gets detention. He hasn’t done it. I’ve already taken away his x-box. What else do I need to do to see to it he does his work? I am fresh out of ideas. When Joseph’s TA called, to let me know he wouldn’t be leaving school until 4:00PM, I almost cried when I hung up the phone. I don’t like Joseph having to go through all this. Even his TA knows he is a good kid and capable of doing the work. It’s just how to get him to do it. I asked that exact question and was told that taking away all privileges usually works. Since that didn’t work then he believes detention should. I’ve got my fingers crossed because I don’t know what to do next. I’m open to ideas if anyone has had similar problems and managed to get it sorted out. On the one positive note of the day yestesterday, Joseph did get 100% on his French test.

I managed to get some great knitting time in yesterday because it was snb night. I finished the heel on the first of the Sockamania November socks. I can finish this sock by Thursday. I am going to put the shawl aside so I can see if I can get the second sock done before the end of the month. It should be interesting. I think I can do it because I only work until noon on Friday and then I have Saturday and Sunday. Should be a piece of cake, I hope.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 11:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What about some kind of positive response (giving stuff) to accompany the negative (taking stuff away), like for every signature he gets something else that he wants?

    I hope this gets better, I know how frustrated you are. I will try to influence him telepathically from afar.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL