Monday, November 17, 2008

Day 17 of NaBloPoMo

To celebrate the first birthday at The Purl they had 30% off all purple yarn. Since purple is my favourite colour I couldn't resist getting some purple yarn. Originally I had only bought the Dye-Versions Bamboo Sport (shown on the left), and the Fibra Natura Yummy sock yarn. Then Sandra threw her mitten at me and I couldn't believe how soft they were. She made a pair of mittens and a cowl out of the Misti Alpaca. I hesitated for just a little bit before I bought 2 so I can knit a cowl and fingerless mitts.

I did manage to get to 33 repeats completed on the edging for the shawl. That's a bit surprising because I had a wee bit of a tumble on Saturday and when I hit the floor I used the palm of my right hand to break the fall. I iced it for a while and the swelling was so so by the time I got home. I iced it again after I got home. Now it's just turning some really funky colours. I was able to knit after the ice applications and did knit to the end of repeat 33 on Saturday. Yesterday I started the November Sockamania club sock pattern. I'm using some hand dyed yarn I bought from Maggie of Dyed in the Wool Handmade. I'm almost ready to start the gussett and will take pictures to show tomorrow.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL