Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 13 of NaBloPoMo

My order arrived from Shuttleworks yesterday. Here's what I got. I bought the Wild Flyer kit and I also got the tension knob for the Little Gem so I can use it with either Lily or Lizbeth. I also got an extra bobbin for the flyer. I decided on the wild flyer instead of the plying flyer because I don't like the delta orifice at all and the wild flyer has the circle orifice and not the delta. I also bought the Universal Tensioned Lazy Kate. I have the Kromski arched lazy kate but I am having problems with the bobbins constantly popping out of the tension string. I think it's because of the limited space I have here I can't put the lazy kate behind me. It's always off to the side. I decided to get this one so I can see if that will solve my problem. I had a little surprise in the box as well. This canvas Shuttleworks bag was included with the order. It's a really big, thick, very nice, canvas bag.

I acutally managed to get some knitting done yesterday. I knit up all the stuff I ripped out and I started repeat 30. I really have to be more careful. It's horrible to work for hours and then have that work thrown out when you find a mistake and have to rip out a few hours worth of knitting.

Finally, remember those knots I found in the elann.com Baby Lace Merino? I emailed elann and told them about it. They apologized and are going to send me another ball.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Great Haul :)

     
  • At 7:58 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Thanks for commenting on my new found love of lace knitting. I have 3 more rows before the shawl is finished. And you are right this is addictive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL