Friday, November 07, 2008

Day 7 of NaBloPoMo

I really feel like that meeting, on Monday, Paul and I had with Joseph's teaching adviser was useless. Granted, it shows the school that Paul and I are interested in Joseph's education and want to try and help him succeed but it didn't impress Joseph. Monday no units were handed in. He said he was too busy. Tuesday he said he handed in some units but didn't get them signed off in his agenda because he forgot his agenda at home. Wednesday he went to work with Paul because it was "bring your child to work day." Yesterday morning I told him I except to see signatures in his agenda. When he got home from school last night the first thing I asked him for was his agenda. About 30 minutes later he finally hands me his agenda and surprise surprise no signatures. I just about blew my top. I've deleted about as many games from the computer as I can. I've deleted messenger. Today there is no school because it is "a day for carry over exams." Since Joseph is in grade 9 and has no carry over exams, he gets a day off. How nice for him (sarcasm abounds). I emailed Joseph's TA and told him I want Joseph in detention next week for those units he handed in and did not have them signed off. He replied and told me he will talk to Joseph on Monday. Right now I am totally at a loss as to where to go from here. Today I am calling the school to find out specifics of trying to get Joseph transferred to a different school in September. I want to find out the procedure.

Today I only work until noon and with Joseph not in school today I would have tried to go somewhere with him but I am not going to even bother. I don't feel he deserves anything right now.

I called the bank yesterday. I was told that the stolen money should be back in my account today. That hasn't happened yet but I am hoping they know what they are talking about.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:05 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    You must be so frustrated with everything right now. I'm sorry :( I hope things start to improve soon.

     
  • At 11:47 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    The school seems to have a very lax attitude about whether the students are fulfilling their obligations. You must want to strangle someone!

    I'm personally so relieved that Alex has caught up and almost made up his grades in Science. Mid-term marks are next week, and if Alex pulls his weight for the second half of the term, he should still be able to get a decent mark in the class.

    When I cashed my cheque for that big US yarn order I sold at the Frolic, the bank just would not release the funds before 15 business days had passed. And there was a holiday in there, so it ended up taking almost a month. Horrible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL