Sunday, November 02, 2008

Day 2 of NaBloPoMo

On October 16th Jane Ellison and some of the gang from The Purple Purl were on Breakfast Television here in Toronto. Unfortunately, with my work schedule, there was no way I could be downtown for this and still get to work on time. But imagine my surprise when I watched the segment on BT and saw the Forest Path Stole I had knit for The Purple Purl right there behind Jane Ellison! It made me feel like I was there with them even though I couldn't be there personally. Paul FINALLY managed to get the segment off the PVR but I am not sure if I am allowed to post it or not. I know there are copywrite laws etc so this still picture will have to do until I can figure things out.

To my utter surprise and amazement, yesterday I received the replacement high speed head for Lizbeth. The new one was shipped from New Zealand and I think I got it in less than 2 weeks. I was having problems with the old one because it didn't fit in the slot properly. Turns out the "neck" on the one I had was 2mm smaller than the head that came with the machine. This new head is as snug as a bug in a rug and doesn't budge. If anything it is even more snug than the head that came with Lizbeth. I am very pleased. I managed to finish spinning the purple fibre I received as part of SP11 and I'm now letting it rest for a few days before I ply it. I figure since the rest of it has been resting for so long I'd better let the last bits rest.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 12:31 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Yay! So happy you got your head and it works properly.

    Go ahead and post that video of BT, I wouldn't worry about it.

     
  • At 2:48 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    yay!!! so glad you got the replacement head and it makes a big difference for you!

     
  • At 1:17 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Congrats on your shawl behind Jane! The clips were fun to watch.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL