Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sock Meme

I saw this on Pixie's blog and since I love knitting socks so much I couldn't resist.

When did you learn to knit socks? About 10 to 15 years ago. I kept hearing people on the knit list talk about it and I just had to do it.

What's the first sock you ever knit? A simple stockinette sock.

Favorite sock pattern? Heartstrings Toe Up Worksheet.

Favorite sock yarn? I can't choose. There are way too many but I can name a few - Malabrigo, Socks That Rock, Fleece Artists.

Favorite needle method? I use the Heartstrings Toe Up Sock method for almost all my socks.

Favorite sock needles? Knit Picks Options or Harmony (depending on yarn) in US 0 (2mm)
Who do you knit socks for? Mostly my daughter and grandchildren.

How many pairs have you knitted to date? I have no idea.

What's on your sock knitting to-do list?

What kind of socks do you like to knit -Striped? Only if it is self-striping yarn.
Colorwork? Not unless the yarn comes that way.
Plain stockinette? Yes
Cabled? Yes
Lace? Yes
Anklets? No
Knee socks? No
Solid colors? Yes. I used to prefer solid if there was a design but now I just use whatever yarn calls to me.
Bright & crazy? Yes
Faux-Fair Isle? Only if the yarn is like that.

Tag a few sock knitters here ~ Whoever would like to share, feel free to do so.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 6:31 a.m., Blogger kate-the-enabler said…

    Hello Rochelle,
    Sorry to post this question as a blogpost...I'm enjoying the pattern you did for Robyn's Sock Club so long ago but have a leetle question about the gusset - any chance you could drop me a quick email?
    All best - Kate-the-Enabler

     
  • At 6:36 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Kate,

    I need your email address. It doesn't show up when you leave a comment. Feel free to email me at yosemite55 AT hotmail DOT com.

     
  • At 2:41 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    Hey you, get blogging! 'cause I know that you're knitting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL