Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another Year Over

I can't believe it's been two full years since I started this blog. The time just seems to fly by.

Yesterday I had the spinning wheel class at the Purple Purl. It was great just like to spindle class. I have to say that anyone that has a chance to take a class with Lorraine I would jump at the opportunity. Now I look forward to taking her next class sometime in September, I think. That's going to be on carding. I look forward to a plying class she might do as well.

I'm still plugging away on the Tour de Fleece challenge. I finished the third bobbin of the Cotton Candy today and am now working on the last bobbin. I hope I can get to plying by Thursday at the very latest.

I did a little tour of my own yesterday of downtown Toronto. I needed to go to this shoe store on Yonge street to bring in my Birkenstocks for repair. I google mapped it out and was all ready. Well I don't drive downtown much. I just figured that it would be better for me to go from The Purl than from home since I was almost halfway there. Downtown is way too confusing for me and busy beyond belief. No wonder I don't drive there on a regular basis. I took Danforth and that eventually because Bloor St. E. The construction sort of made things a little more difficult and my sense of direction stinks. I figured Bloor should be close to Yonge. That was my first mistake. I should have stuck to the maps I had. Well I did some driving around and finally managed to get somewhere that had a sign for Bayview and I took Bayview north until I found Merton and then I knew where I was. I actually don't mind when these things happen because it's how I learn my way around. The only down side is how hot it was.

Not much knitting has gone on around here lately. As I said, it's been way too hot.. Can you believe that I brought zero, none, nada, knitting with me to the Purl yesterday? It was so odd sitting there after the class with no knitting to work on. I don't think I will ever do that again. I should have at least brought socks. I have the Noro socks on the needle but I haven't touched those in a very long time either. I'm going to get some knitting in this afternoon when the laundry is getting done.

Teena in Toronto, thank you so much for the blogoversary wishes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL