Saturday, July 05, 2008

Let The Tour Begin

I've been working on the Forest Path Stole as often as I can and I've made some pretty good progress. I went to The Purple Purl yesterday and brought it with me. I finished 1 and a half tiers while I was there. I am now in the middle of tier 15. That means I am well past the halfway mark.

I might not get as much Forest Path knitting time over the next 3 weeks because I am starting the Tour de Fleece today. I just am not sure what fibre I want to use. It is going to be from my stash. I just don't know if I want to do a semi-solid or not. I'm going to decide soon because I have to get some spinning in today. My goals for the tour this year is the same as last year. I want to be able to spin between 10 and 30 minutes daily and see if I can finish the fibre in the colour I choose.

Speaking of The Purl, they are having two spinning classes on July 12 and July 19th. The first is spindle spinning and the second is wheel spinning. When I was up at Gemini Fibres Wendy Whelan told me if I had the chance to take a class with Lorraine Smith I should grab it. Since Lorraine is going to be the instructor, I did just that. The wheel class is going to be limited to only 10 people because of space limitations when everyone brings their wheels. I am really looking forward to both classes. Now to decide which wheel to bring. Decisions, decisions - could be worse though - I could not be attending the classes at all.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I always love seeing pictures of your lace Rochelle! Can't wait to see the finished forest path, hopefully in person.

     
  • At 3:44 p.m., Blogger blindpurls said…

    Your stole looks beautiful! I finally am jumping on the spinning bandwagon and got a drop spindle as well as some yummy no-animal fibers. I can't wait to give spinning a try. If I like it then I might get a wheel too!

     
  • At 3:44 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    The stole is gorgeous!~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL