Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day

Today Canada celebrated its 141st birthday - Happy Birthday Canada. I had a very relaxing day and actually managed to get some spinning done. I finished the first 50 gram sliver of Fleece Artist merino/silk I bought at the spin in. I had a difficult time spinning this stuff because the fibre was pretty badly felted. Now I am trying to decide what to do with the second 50 gram braid of fibre. I don't know if I want to card it or not. I'll decide once I open the braid. As you can see from this first bobbin, I need to get back into regular spinning. My spinning can use a lot of improvement.

I found the rest of the purple fibre so I am going to finish the second bobbin and get it plied before I start working on the second braid of red fibre.

Paul, Joseph, and I also went to see Prince Caspian today. The movie is a lot different from the book, if I remember correctly, but I still enjoyed the movie. I don't think Paul and Joseph liked it. I was surprised by how many people were in the theatre. I would have thought it would be mostly empty since the move was released so long ago. Next movie I want to see is Indiana Jones. I know I'm behind in my movie going. That's the way it usually happens around here.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 12:27 p.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    I'm glad that you found some time for a relaxing day. I also haven't seen that movie, maybe sometime this summer.
    I'm just plain bored, not enough adult company and too much sitting around in an apartment. My son hates to get in the car to go anywhere and there's no patio or balcony here. I think that I'll make him go to the beach today.
    See you soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL