Monday, May 26, 2008

Catching Up

My last post was on Thursday. That was my birthday and I didn't mention it in the earlier post because I had planned on posting again later that day. I never got around to it.

Life has been hectic. On Friday I met Ramona for lunch. We went to this lovely thai place near where Ramona lives and the food was excellent. To my utter shock and surprise Ramona spoke to the people at the restaurant and they brought out this dish of ice cream that had a sparkler and birthday candle on it. Alas, no picture because the camera was in the car. I kept the candle but that is in the car right now as well so I can't take a picture of that either.

For my birthday Ramona gave me the Total Knitting Tote from Knit Picks in the French Blue colour. I was quite surprised when I opened the box. After I opened it I remembered she had told me but until then I had completely forgotten. It was a good thing. I was surprised and Ramona couldn't believe I had actually forgotten about it.

After lunch we headed to The Purple Purl and even more fun was had. As always, I didn't come home empty handed either. I picked up the Alpaca With A Twist Fino in Evergreen that was being held for me and a skein of Classic Elite Alpaca sock yarn in colour Fruit Basket. This stuff is so soft. I also bought the More Big Girl Knits a few weeks ago when I was there with Maggie and left it there in case Amy Singer came by so she could autograph it for me. Amy hadn't been to the Purl since I bought the book but not 5 minutes after I asked about it she walked in the door. So I now have my copy autographed and it is home safe and sound.

Since Miko asked me to knit the Forest Path Stole for the store I decided to bring that along with me and start it while I was there. The yarn is Classic Elite Silky Alpaca and it is sooooo soft to knit with. I am working on tier 2 now so I am off to the races with this. It will be the project I knit whenever I go to the Purl from now on until it is completed. Of course I will also work on it at home. Because I started the stole I haven't touched the doily. I know, bad bad Rochelle. I want to finish tier 2 (only 2 rectangles left) and then I will try and put the stole aside until the weekend. I am thinking I will do the doily during the week and the stole on weekends.

Glenna threw herself a party on Friday to celebrate defending her thesis and ending her life as a student. The part was at the Purl after closing. It was so much fun and I can't thank her enough for inviting me. Not only were we invited but there were presents for all who came. Glenna brought yarn and books for people to look and and choose to take home with them. This is what came home with me. A skein of Socks That Rock and the Austermann Step sock yarn.

Tomorrow my boss comes back from vacation and things will be back to yucky normal. To be honest, work sucks at the best of times, I'm not looking forward to his return even more so right now because my head is just not there. My very best friend is going through the most horrible time. Her husband is gravely ill in the hospital and things don't look good at all. I won't go into details because I respect their privacy but prayers are always welcome. That's all any of us can do now.

The good thing about tomorrow is it's Snb night. I always look forward to that and tomorrow even more than usual.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:44 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Happy birthday, belated-style! Glad you had a nice day on Friday! See you tomorrow. :)

     
  • At 10:30 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy belated Birthday! In that case I am VERY glad you got two skeins to take home and not just one ;) I'm glad you came and it was a fablous night. Must do it again sometime, but with more people. Or at the very least clandestine meetups for marshmallow squares.

     
  • At 9:39 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    So glad to hear you got great gifts and had a good time! What a wonderful birthday present Ramona got you!!!!

    BIRTHDAY WISHES to you ! (as maggie says, belated style)

    I'll give you a big big hug later today :)

     
  • At 2:08 p.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Thanks for the lovely comment.
    Can't wait to see your FPS pics.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL