Sunday, May 18, 2008

Short Visit

It's a nasty rainy day out there today and Joseph is developing a cold. So much for going to see Iron Man today. If he's feeling better we might attempt it tomorrow. Since we didn't do what we had planned I decided to make a quick trip to The Purple Purl. I don't think I have ever gone there and stayed so short a time. I was only there a little over an hour. For me that is unheard of. I'll make up for it when I go back on Friday. I picked up the Malabrig Silk that I asked Miko to hold for me. I am going to do the Flower Basket shawl. I have some things I have to finish first but this is going to be a WIP sometime soon.

I am also going to start knitting the Forest Path Stole once again. This time using the Classic Elite Silky Alpaca Lace yarn you see here. It is going to be a store sample for The Purple Purl. I can't wait to get started. The yarn is so so soft.

There's lots of new stuff at the Purl. The two that stand out are the Alpaca With A Twist yarn in various weights. I have my eyes on the Fino in Evergreen for the Heere Be Dragones Shawl.

I can't forget the alpaca sock yarn. Unfortunately, I can't remember the company but it's 60% alpaca, 20% merino and 20% nylon. Yum is a good word to describe it.

Now I have to finish the doily I am working on. Here is a not so good picture of the Krokus doily so far. I want to finish the second chart B by tomorrow night so I can pick up the stitches and get chart C started. I'm using DMC Cebelia 20 and 2.25mm needles.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL