Saturday, May 03, 2008

Now I Know My ABC'S

Joseph decided to sleep at his grandparents tonight. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to use the empty bed to block the Alphabet blanket. I finished the knitting this afternoon and I am pleased with the final result. Here are the stats:

Alphabet Blanket from The Baby Knits Book by Debbie Bliss.

Cast on: April 4, 2008
Cast off: May 3, 2008

Yarn used: elann.com Sock-It-To-Me in cream.

Needles: Knitpicks Options 3mm.
The pattern called for using smaller needles for the border. I didn't have them with me when I was done with the last row of the blanket so I just continued knitting with the needles I had. I used about 5.5 balls of the yarn.

I would definitely knit this blanket again. I thought it was going to take much longer than it actually did. There was an entire week in there that I didn't even touch the blanket. Actually knitting time was probably about 3 weeks.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 6:57 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    It's just beautiful Rochelle! What a great blanket. I've wanted to knit it as well, but not sure where to find the time! LOL

     
  • At 11:26 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    your incredible lady, that would take me a year to knit.

     
  • At 3:46 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Yeah, it's really beautiful! And you have a lot of patience to knit it. Remember that blanket I knit for my friend, that simple, simple blanket and how it almost killed me? Ha ha.

    I still say we need an adult version with cusswords instead of the alphabet! I know what I'd want mine to say.

    Tell Joseph that I think his ironic name for the alpaca is hilarious.

     
  • At 3:18 p.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    The blanket looks gorgeous! What a speadster you are. I've just finished mine this weekend and hope to block it in the next few days.

     
  • At 3:19 p.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    Typo's....blah.

    Make that 'speedster' ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL