Friday, April 04, 2008

Better Late ....

I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to post. Tuesday was the book launch for The Yarn Harlot's new book. I am not very familiar with downtown Toronto. Living in Scarborough, I don't get downtown very often and I am not very TTC savvy. Therefore, I decided to join the gals at The Purple Purl and head to the Isabel Bader Theatre from there. It was great to see everyone. I haven't been there in well over a month and I just love that place. I'm still not sure if it is a good or bad thing that I don't live closer.

This is the gang before we headed onto the street car. Look at Michelle's sweater. Isn't it great? I am in awe. I don't think I could ever knit anything like that. Colour knitting just isn't my thing.


Of course, you do realize, it is impossible for me to go to The Purple Purl and leave empty handed. Aside from these great purple purl necklaces that Miko and Jennifer gave to everyone, I also bought my first skein of Noro sock yarn. I can pretty well guarantee this won't be my last skein. The skein wouldn't photograph very well so this is the best I could get.




The Skydiggers were the opening act. They are really good. This is the first time I heard them and I have to look into getting a CD.

Rachel H. gave out the prizes for the scavenger hunt. If I didn't have to work that day I would have tried to participate but I don't have the kind of job where I can just take time off whenever I feel like it.

As everyone hummed while the Skydiggers did their exit, Stephanie came out to cheers. Stephanie was hilarious, as she always is. Unfortunately, I didn't make it to the pub afterwards because as I said I live in the east end and travel home is an hour and I was exhausted so I opted to go home. One of these days I am going to go to a signing or launch and actually get to the after party. This is the second time I missed it.

Of course you can't go to a Yarn Harlot book launch without any knitting. This is what I have on the needles at the moment. It's the Monkey socks done toe up. They could be Los Monos Locos but it has the purl stitches in there and the Los Monos Locos do not. So I am just going to say they are upside down Monkey socks. The yarn is Jawoll Cotton. I am using 2.25mm needles because the Los Monos Locos I did with 2mm needles seemed to be a bit snug around the ankle. I am almost to the cuff. The yardage on this yarn is a little less than I am used to. It is going to be interesting to see how high I can go for the leg before I start knitting the ribbing. This sock should be done by tomorrow.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 11:46 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Rochelle, you look so happy and cute! MICHELLE! I CAN'T GET OVER YOUR SWEATER! That's amazing. :)

     
  • At 9:04 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Wow, looks like you guys had fun, I really wish I could have joined you for the launch :) Maybe another time, when I dont have to keep a job. Meh. Love the look of that Noro, I'm only hearing good things about it.

     
  • At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Heather said…

    hello from california! my sock arrived to bask in our 80 degree weather :0) it is perfect as the lilacs here are almost about to burst open to match it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL