Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Socks Socks Socks

After only knitting lace since the beginning of the year I've now gone back to socks, socks, socks. I took a brief hiatus from finishing the Sockamania club socks in January and February while I knit the shawl I still have to block and the Niebling doily. I finished the second January sock last week. The yarn is Knit Picks in a discontinued colour. I can't remember what the name is. I used 2mm Options needles.



This past Thursday I cast on the March sock. I finished the second Simply Cables sock tonight. I used a merino / seacell blend that I bought from Maggie. The colour is called Afternoon Tea. I am very happy with the socks. I just love this yarn and the sheen the seacell brings.



Thanks to the long weekend, not only did I finish the first of the Simply Cable socks and complete more than half of the second sock, I also cast on the first sock I'm knitting for Maggie to display when she does the Knitter's Frolic next month. I could do any pattern I wanted. Maggie provided the yarn. I've wanted to knit Los Monos Locos for a while so that's the pattern I chose. The first sock is almost at the cuff. I love the way they are working up. It's difficult for purple to show up properly in pictures I take. If I try to use the flash it looks more blue.



Once this pair is done I am going to go back to spinning. I received the replacement part for my wheel but I'll have more on that tomorrow.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 7:04 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    I just love the way that you knit so quickly. Here I am slogging away row after row on my sweater and you knock off 2 lace projects and a couple of pairs of socks. Phew! You make me tired just reading about your knitting.
    I feel spring! I hope that we can get together soon!
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL