Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thank Goodness For Diversions

The phone rang at my place very early Sunday morning. Whenever the phone rings before 9 I always worry that something bad has happened. My brother called to tell me my dad was taken to the hospital. I am not quite clear as to when but it was sometime between Saturday and Sunday morning. All I knew was that my SIL had preformed CPR to save his life. Needless to say I didn't leave the house at all on Sunday so I could be around to get more information. I live in Toronto. My dad lives with my brother in Monsey, NY. Dad's health has been iffy for quite some time now but I have never been this worried before. I still haven't had a definitive answer as to what is going on. They never did, to my knowledge, get the test results on Sunday. My brother just said "well it's Sunday," like that should explain it all. It's the last time I want to hear my brother make fun of the Canadian medical system. I get the feeling it is much worse in the U.S. and it costs a lot more there too. Now my brother is telling me dad might need a pacemaker. Whatever it is I can't wait for him to go home. I spoke to dad for about a minute (he never talks longer than that these days) this morning and he is hoping to go home by Friday. I certainly hope he does. Prayers are always welcome.

There was no way I was going to be able to concentrate on the lace project I am currently knitting so I decided to do some spinning instead. I finished the first bobbin of the Purple Club fibre and started the second. This is the completed first bobbin. I've started the second but I won't be spinning again until Friday. I think I need to get some knitting in now so I will try and get back to the test knitting for a few days and see how close I can come to a finish.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 5:41 p.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    Best wishes and prayers for you dad, Rochelle.
    And your spinning is beautiful.

     
  • At 9:32 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Your dad is in my thoughts and prayers Rochelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL