Sunday, February 17, 2008

Catching Up

I know I've been silent of late. I think this is the longest I have gone without posting. Work has been getting to me lately and I just didn't feel like blogging. Add to that the fact that when I went to see the urologist last week I was told the cells were worse this time than the last time I did a urine test. So he's told me to go back to taking the antibiotics twice a day and I have to go for a test March 19th. I was so depressed on Monday I hardly even had the desire to knit all week. I've been on the antibiotics 8 months now. The doctor switched me to a different antibiotic in November and told me to take it twice a day for 2 weeks and then once a day. Now he thinks I started taking them once a day too early.

A few weeks ago I went up to Maggie's with Shannon and Kimberly. We had a great afternoon of spinning and carding. It's impossible to leave without getting something new. I came home with this lovely fibre and.... this pencil roving. I haven't had a chance to spin any of it yet since I haven't touched the wheel since that day but I have off tomorrow and I am hoping I'll get some spinning time in.
We played with Maggie's drum carder and I just ordered the Louet roving carder. I was amazed at how much the batts expand when you take them off the carder. Since my space is limited I decided on the roving carder to save space. I don't think I need the batts to be as wide as they were when they came off the regular carder.
Just look at all the wheels in the living room. Oh to have the space to have a spin in at my place. That won't ever happen as long as we are still in our apartment.
Yesterday I went spent the day at The Purple Purl. There's nothing like spending a day there to help you get out of your funk. It was a bright cold sunny day but NO SNOW!!!! We have had way too much of the white stuff around here this winter and I am just SICK OF IT! I spent the day yesterday knitting, laughing, chatting with friends and knitter's I've never met before. It was just rejuvenating. I had a blast. I didn't come home empty handed either. I bought this lovely merino/seacell pencil roving and...
this Indigo Moon sock yarn. The colour is called Mountains in the Moonlight and I just couldn't leave it there. I don't think I have seen a colour I don't like. I have to constantly resist not getting more of this stuff. I keep telling myself one at a time. Next time I think I am going to get some of their Alpaca With A Twist fibre. It is so soft and I've resisted it a few times when I was at the Purl but the next time it is going to come home with me! I wish I lived closer to the place but that would be both good and bad. I would like to be able to get there more often. Once the better weather arrives I want to try to go to their knit nights on the off nights for our regular Snbs.
One of the reasons I went to the Purl yesterday was to sell the Ashford Joy spinning wheel I had there. I know she went to a great home. I didn't really need 4 wheels and some difficult choices had to be made. The Joy was the one I decided to part with. Now I'm down to 3 wheels and I'm getting the drum carder with money from the sale of the Joy and I can get more bobbins for my Woolee Winder. I'll still have enough left over to buy fibre and other wonderful things.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:22 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Glad to see your back. Urology problem are a real pain in more ways than one. I hope you can soon come off antibiotics.

     
  • At 1:03 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Ha ha, it's always so funny to go to someone's blog and see photos of your own house! That day was so much fun. We need to do it again soon. We've got a pretty decent spinning group, don't we?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL