Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back To Life

Where to begin. I've been so preoccupied with getting the iPod done that I've neglected everything else. I've finally finished the initial stuff and now it's an add as you find sort of thing.

I haven't blogged much about my trip to NY much except the picture of the kids, or what I've been up to since I got back. When I was in NY I did something for the first time in my life. I had a manicure and pedicure. What fun that was. I don't have long finger nails and I don't want them. They would get in the way of my knitting and my typing. That didn't stop me from getting a cute design done on my fingers and on the big toe of each foot. My nails don't have the polish on anymore but my toes still look great. I can definitely see myself getting pampered like this on a regular basis.

I also got my Bosworth Book Charkha while I was in NY. The workmanship on this is amazing. I haven't quite figured out how to use it yet but I have played with it and figured out how to assemble it. I'm taking a spinning cotton class in the spring and I'll bring the charkha with me so hopefully I'll get the hang of it then, if I don't figure it out before that. I also got this gorgeous pink ivory featherweight spindle from Sheila along with the charkha. Like all Bosworth spindles, it spins like a dream and the wood is just gorgeous. I'm still waiting on one more spindle that I am hoping will be sent soon.

When I got back from NY I went to the Purple Purl. Miko asked me to bring something back from NY for her and I wanted to deliver it as soon as possible. What a blast I had. I had planned on staying for just a few hours but once again I was there from the time the store opened until it closed. I told Paul the next time I go and I say I'll be home by 2 or so to just ignore me because it probably won't happen. I didn't come home empty handed either. I bought this gorgeous skein of Indigo Moon silk. I am trying to figure out what I want to knit because I can't wait to start using it. The picture doesn't do the colour justice and it is so soft.

I also bought Cat Bordhi's New Pathways For Sock Knitter's book. I haven't had time to try anything in the book but it is very interesting. The book is about different ways to knit socks. I look forward to knitting at least one of each mini sock that explains how each different sock is constructed. If I find one I like better than what I do now I might just change. I knit 99% of my socks toe up because when I knit top down I end up having lots of pain in my left hand when I try to graft the toes. I fractued a bone in my hand almost 27 years ago and for some reason crocheting and grafting toes causes me pain. I'm just greatful that knitting doesnt bother it because if it did I'd be in a lot of trouble. I do have to be careful when I am spinning because if I hold the fibre in my left hand and if I hold too tight that can agravate things as well.

My granddaughter Liba wants me to knit her a pair of socks. When I asked her what colour she said purple and pink. So I did the only logical thing. I emailed Maggie, at Dyed in the Wool Handmade, and asked her to dye some yarn for me. This is what she gave me at our last snb. It's called Prescription Medication. She is going to dye a more pastel colour combination and then I'll decide which one I want to use for her socks. Once again, the camera doesn't do it justice. One of these years maybe I'll learn how to use a photo editor better so I can improve pictures.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL