Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Life Is Never Easy

I just spoke to my daughter Henny and Yoni fell on the ice during recess and broke his wrist in two places. This is very distressing to me because 3 years ago he had broken a bone in his leg very badly and had to have surgery. At that time the doctor put pins in instead of a cast and he had the pins in until February. That was the same bone he broke when he was 3 or 4 (I can't remember) the first week he was in day camp that summer. It is my understanding there was a tumor on the bone that weakened it and that is why the same bone broke again, even though it was in a different spot. He had surgery after the leg healed and the surgeon said all was fine and there was nothing more to be concerned about.

Yoni's Bar Mitzvah is on December 30th. That's why I am going to NYC on Sunday. I need to stop scheduling trips. The last time I was supposed to go to NY, in May, I left early because Shayna's appendix ruptured and she was in the hospital. I changed my ticket and left early so I could help Henny out. Henny said they have to go back to the doctor on Friday to make sure the bones were set properly. The doctor said things might shift when the swelling goes down so they will need to do another x-ray to check how things are. Oh and the doctor said there's nothing wrong with his bones. That was a question I asked after all this. He said the only reason it broke is because Yoni fell.

This child has been through so much in his young life. I know there are children that have had worse. Believe me it has not been easy on him. You couldn't wish for a better child. He is so good. He takes these things in stride. To my utter astonishment, he loves needles. I remember when the doctor told me I was going to have to have Lupron injections every 3 months as part of my cancer treatment I was not a happy camper. I was talking to Henny on the phone and Yoni gets on and tells me "Don't' worry, it's not that bad." I love that boy. My heart breaks for everything that he has gone through. Enough already!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:57 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Hope Yoni feels better soon. Poor kid - all that in his lifetime. Hope he does well at his Bar Mitzvah. Have a good time in NY!

     
  • At 9:09 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Poor sweetie, I hope it sets properly and all is well. Dont worry, you will be with him soon!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL