Friday, January 04, 2008

Home At Last

I arrived back home last night. The trip was great but I am exhausted. I have to head over to the Purple Purl today and bring something for Miko. After that I am going to relax for the rest of the weekend. Monday it's back to work, yuck!

I didn't have a chance to do any posting while I was in NY. It is hard to believe how much the grandchildren have grown. Sunday was Yoni's Bar Mitzvah. He's the boy in the hat. He's the one that broke him wrist just before I went to NY. He did a fantastic job on the speech he did at his Bar Mitzvah. I am couldn't possibly be any prouder of him. Shayna is the oldest and the last time I saw her was when she had her appendix out in May. She has grown into a lovely young lady. Liba is going to be 7 in March and I can hardly even believe it. She's in grade 1 now and learning to read, add etc. Shimon, the boy all the way on the right, had a blast on Sunday. He was walking around the hall with the microphone singing and dancing and completely enjoying himself. He's a little genius that one. He's 5 by the way and boy can he add. He was playing with Rummykub tiles and adding them up. He hit his max when he added 27 tiles together of various denominations and he got it right!! I was amazed. The little guy, his name is Menachem Mendel but everyone just calls him Mo, he had his 3rd birthday about a month ago. When I was in NYC in May he wasn't talking at all. He is such a chatterbox now. You can't shut him up. Sadly, I won't be back until August, I think and they will all have changed enormously again by the time I see them again.

This little guy is Mati. He is such a happy, sweet baby. His first birthday is at the end of this month. When I saw him in May for the first time he hardly had any hair. Of course when you grow a boy's hair until he's three, it's not such a bad thing not to have too much hair when you're a year old. Still, by the time he turns three he'll have pony tails and just look adorable. They always do. By the time I left yesterday he was actually smiling whenever I smiled at him. When I first saw him on the 24th he wasn't exactly sure. He just looked at me like who is this crazy woman.

I got pictures of Elisheva as well but silly me accidentally formated the sd card so a friend of Usher's is trying to restore the card for me. I'll know later today if he was successful or not and then will post some pictures of her when I get the card back. She looks so much like Henny did when she was a baby but she has cheeks like Chana Leah had. Her cheeks are so pichable. You just want to pinch them or bite them or something because they are so big.

As for knitting, I finished the first of the Regia Galaxy socks in the airport on the 23rd and actually managed to knit the second sock while I was in NY. I left the pair down there for Henny so I don't have any finished pictures. I've started knitting the January Sockamania club sock using some Knit Picks yarn but I am not really happy with it so I think I am going to have to restart the sock. I find this yarn is thicker than what I would call fingering but the yardage is right - 220 yards to 50 grams. I think the sock yarn is called Memories or something like that. I believe it's discontinued. I just have to decide what I want to do. I'll probably decide later today.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 11:00 a.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    They are all so precious !! So glad to hear you had a good visit! I hope you get the photos back

     
  • At 12:17 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Gorgeous grandkids Rochelle! I hope that you get your pictures back!

     
  • At 12:22 p.m., Blogger MezzoDiva said…

    Welcome Back! Sounds like you had much nachas from the mishpacha - I get a warm fuzzy feeling from you just reading this and looking at the pix.

    Chelle is right - they're all gorgeous. But then, what else would you expect? (Such good genes, and lots of love... that's a powerful mix).

    XO - R

     
  • At 11:46 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Welcome back, Happy New Year. The kids are all gorgeous.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL