Saturday, February 23, 2008

Muggles Just Don't Get It

Every Friday I can basically wear whatever I want to work since it's dress down Friday. (Not that I dress up during the week) However, I don't usually wear a t-shirt with writing on it, but, yesterday I decided to finally wear my Ravelry t-shirt. When Joseph saw the shirt he said "Swatches? What's that?" I tried to explain and he just didn't get it. When I got to work my boss asked me the same thing. Needless to say, he didn't get it either. That's alright. I love the shirt and I look forward to getting more as they become available.

On the knitting front, I am still working on the test knitting I am doing and I can't really blog about it. However, I needed a break and what better way to take a knitting break than to start spinning. I decided to start spinning the fibre I got from my sp11 pal Penny. The fibre is 100% Superwash Merino from Lorna's Laces and, because Penny knew how much I love purple, the colour is called Purple Club. I want to try and finish the first bobbin today. So far I am very happy with the way it is coming out. The true test will be in the plying. I love Lizbeth. She is just a dream. Treadling is effortless and it is a lot easier for me to get a fine single. Now to get back to spinning.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:49 p.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    The purple is gorgeous! And as for swatches, I usually just wing it and hope for the best. :o)

     
  • At 3:48 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Love the spinning, love that you are finally able to spin!!! cant wait to see the final product!

     
  • At 5:12 p.m., Blogger fleegle said…

    Beautiful colors!

    Thanks for the compliment on Tischdecke!

     
  • At 6:42 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Thanks for visiting my blog and clicking! Congrats on 7 years!

    Beautiful spinning by the way!

     
  • At 11:30 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    That T-shirt is just precious. I think I need to order one.

    Love the Purple Club. Looks veeeery pretty.

     
  • At 1:47 p.m., Blogger Penny said…

    The top sure is looking nice spun. Can't wait to see it plyed and what you do with it. I am still hoping to get a wheel myself one day. AND I just love the t-shirt.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL