Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nail Biting Time

I just heard from my brother. My dad is having a pacemaker put it this morning. They moved him to CCU and the procedure is scheduled for 9 this morning. Of course that doesn't mean anything. Menachem was on the way to the hospital when I spoke to him and he will keep me posted. I'm a nervous wreck. I knew he needed the pacemaker but I wasn't expecting it so soon. When Menachem gave me the update yesterday he said they couldn't do it yet because they needed to wait for the pneumonia and UTI to clear up more before they went ahead and did the surgery. Now he's having the surgery this morning. That's a change I didn't expect in 24 hours.

On the home front, Paul has been battling a cold for over a week now. He went on course last week and got sick the first day. Because he was taking a course he couldn't take any time off. Tuesday he told me he thinks he needs to see the doctor. That's a sure sign he's really not well because he never wants to go. He went to the doctor yesterday and she said he has sinusitis and put him on antibiotics. He was barfing like mad in the middle of the night and I don't know if it was a reaction to the meds or not. He's home today and I'm at work. I hate that because I would rather be home making sure he's alright. Having said that, he probably is better with me at work because then he could just sleep and that's what he needs most right now.

UPDATE: I just heard from Menachem and he said the procedure went well. The did it with a local instead of putting him under and he's awake, hungry, complaining, and eager to go home. That's always a good sign.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At 11:32 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    You and your whole family are in my thoughts today.
    I hope that your father fares well and that your husband gets better soon. I'll put on some chicken soup for him and bring some on Tuesday.
    M.

     
  • At 11:32 a.m., Blogger Agnes said…

    I'm sure everything would be okay ... but it's just natural to feel nervous. Wish the surgery goes smoothly.

     
  • At 11:33 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Have you heard anything yet? Hang in there! And my best wishes to Paul, too. It's terrible being so sick!

     
  • At 11:36 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    No I haven't heard yet. I have to remember that just because they said 9 that doesn't mean anything. Menachem said he would give me an update when he can.

     
  • At 4:37 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Just read this.... thinking of you. Call if you feel anxious.

     
  • At 11:18 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    I'm glad to hear the pacemaker surgery went well. It's scary when your loved ones get that ill.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL