Monday, March 31, 2008

Los Monos Locos Done

My first pair of Los Monos Locos are complete. Yarn used - fingering yarn hand dyed by Dyed in the Wool Handmade. I don't know the colour name. Started March 22, 2008. Finished March 30, 2008. Needles: Knitpicks Harmony US 0 (2.00mm) and the same size Options. The Harmony broke in the middle and I am waiting for a replacement from Knit Picks so I finished with the regular Options.

Now that these socks are done I dug out some Jawoll Cotton from my stash. It's a golden yellow colour. I think I am going to do the Monkey Socks but I can't stand the idea of doing them top down so I think I will use the same stitch pattern as the Monkey socks with the purl sts and just work it toe up.

The new Sockamania club sock is another two colour sock. I am not sure I want to try this using purl sts instead of another colour. I'll think about it for a little bit and then decide. If I am not going to do the purl sts instead of 2 colours I will just not do the sock this month. I still want to knit the February sock so I might knit that instead.

Yarn Harlot book launch is tomorrow. Thanks to a WONDERFUL husband I am going to go to The Purple Purl and head to the Isabel Bader Theatre from there. More on that tomorrow or Wednesday.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the socks - hope to see you there tomorrow. I won't be going from the Purl (since I work two blocks from the event) but will definitely be in the lineup somewhere!

     
  • At 10:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice socks! Enjoy the Yarn Harlot launch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL