Monday, April 07, 2008

Pride & Joy

After months of hard work, yesterday was Joseph's confirmation. Since pictures are not allowed during Mass we were allowed one picture only with the Bishop after the Mass was over. With time limited this was the best I could do. It's a little grainy but Joseph looks great.

This is Joseph with his godmother. He asked her to be his sponsor as well. Valerie is such a special lady. She is going through some difficult times and when Joseph asked if she would be his sponsor all she said was "I would be honoured."


On the knitting front, I've put the monkey sock aside for the moment. It is going to be my "on the go" project, for now. I've started the alphabet blanket from Debbie Bliss's Baby Knits book. I couldn't think of a more appropriate gift for a teacher that's expecting her first baby. I'm using the Elann.com Sock It To Me yarn in cream. I would like to dye it when the blanket is done. No pictures yet but I've started N, O, P, Q, R and finished S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z. Not bad for a weekend of knitting that included a confirmation. I'll try and get some pictures taken tomorrow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:27 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Hooray! What a special day you guys had on the weekend.

     
  • At 4:06 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Congratulations! It's too bad you didn't get to take more photos of the event!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL