Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

As readers of my blog might remember from last year, Mother's Day is not the easiest day for me. I lost my mom too long ago. I miss her more than words can say and I really seriously dislike this day and can't wait for it to be over. Mom I love you and I miss you.

On the knitting front, I've almost finished the second of the Noro socks. This is the first one all done. As I mentioned before, I hope that these socks are going to soften up after a few washings. Right now it isn't soft at all. The socks are a little stiff but that's probably because I usually use 2mm needles for my sock knitting and I probably should have used a 2.25mm or 2.5mm with this yarn because of the thick/thin parts that are in the yarn. I do love the colours but I will wait until they come out with the Noro Silk in a sock weight yarn before I use this yarn again.

Then I had some decisions to make. The next lace project I wanted to do is this oval doily. The one on top is the Japanese version and the one below is the Spanish version. According to Nurhanne this pattern is called Krokus. I have wanted to do this doily for some time. QueerJoe, on Ravelry, started it and posted some pictures. That was enough of a push to get me to really start this project. The problem was, which version to do. I've finally decided that I will do the Spanish version for one reason and one reason only. I have problems with my hands at times. Many years ago I broke a bone in my left hand and when I try to graft it is seriously aggravated. If I do the Japanese version I would have to graft the two A charts together. my hands can't handle that. Grafting toes causes incredible pain. Chart A would be 72 sts worth of grafting. I don't think I want to tackle that. I'm only on round 21 now so I will post progress pictures after I make more progress.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 11:38 a.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    Happy Mother's Day. I'm sorry this day is hard for you, but it's your day too! So try to enjoy at least that part of it.

    And it was nice to spend yesterday with you!

    The Noro socks look great. I still don't know what I'm going to knit with my Noro yarn...a shawl, but which one? And want to hear something funny? You know how I was unsure about the yarn being the same colourway as the first skein I bought from the Frolic? Not only are they the same colourway, but they're also the same dye lot! :)

     
  • At 8:46 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Happy belated Mother's Day. I love all the pictures of lace. And the socks are a great color. Let us all know if the yarn softens up with washing and wearing. I still haven't seen it in the stores.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL