Thursday, May 08, 2008

Alpaca

Remember that suffed alpaca I mentioned that I didn't get at the Knitter's Frolic? I couldn't resist. I emailed Helga at Green Acres Alpacas and ordered one. It arrived yesterday and when I brought it home Joseph confiscated it. Paul and Joseph couldn't believe how soft it is and they both fell in love with it. I think I might have to get another one because I don't think Joseph will let me have this one. Now to think of a name. Joseph said Llama and I said no it's not a Llama and he said I know but that's the point. I'm not exactly loving it but we'll see.

I posted pics of the blanket while it was blocking but here it is off the bed without the sheet showing through. Now I have to package it up and get it ready for delivery. I love the way it turned out.

I'm working on the second sock from the Noro sock yarn I bought. I have to admit I am not loving this yarn. It is not soft and I don't really care for how uneven the yarn is. I do like that I can spit splice and I love the colours. They are so vibrant. I am told the socks will soften up as they are washed. I hope so. I do look forward to the Noro with silk that is supposed to be coming out in sock yarn.

After this I think I am going to tackle a Japanese pattern from Knitted Lace Book 1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL