Saturday, June 28, 2008

Still Alive

I can't believe it has been so long since my last post. I think something just went to sleep in me for a little while after everything that happened at the end of May. I am feeling much better now. I've been very busy with end of school year stuff and I have been so out of blog mode I didn't even remember to take pictures. I knit a pair of socks for Joseph's gifted teacher. They came out great and was an interesting challenge. It was the first time I've ever knit socks for an adult that wears a size 5 shoe. I am pleased and relieved that the socks fit perfectly. Alas, as I said, no pictures. I completely forgot to take any before I delivered them. I was in such a rush to get them done. It's a good thing her feet were so small or I am not sure I would have finished them on time. I used the pattern called Twining Leaves Lace socks by Evelyn Clark. The yarn I used was Online Supersock Cotton in colour Beach. The socks are really soft and I actually liked knitting with this yarn.

On the home front, Tuesday was Joseph's graduation from grade 8. The graduation was wonderful. It was very emotional for me. I was like a blubbering idiot just crying my eyes out. I still can't believe that he is going to be going into high school in September. I still struggle with letting go of those apron strings but I am trying.



On the knitting and spinning front, I have been out of the house for the last 3 Saturday's doing differnet things. The first Saturday was the cotton class I had at Gemini Fibres. I brought my Bosworth Charkha with me and I think I might actually be able to use it very soon. The class was great and I am glad I went ahead with it. The choice still wasn't easy because I missed the big party for the Yarn Harlot at Lettuce Knit. Last Saturday Shannon and I went to the spin in up at Gemini and we met Maggie there. Ok believe it or not, at the last minute I decided to take up the Little Gem wheel instead of the Pro and I forgot my fibre at home. What else could I do but buy more fibre? I bought some Fleece Artist merino silk in red tones and am almost finished spinning the 1st 50 gram bobbin. Pictures will come when the first bobbin is done. I also bought some Fleece Artist merino/alpaca blend and some Louet roving in a wool/soysilk blend. I haven't tried it yet but I saw it spun up and it was so nice I had to get some.

After the spin in Shannon and I went over to Maggie's place. I bought more fibre (see below) and some yarn. The yarn is a blue semi-solid that I still have to photograph.

Today I met Maggie and her sister Natalie at Kimberly's house and we had a wonderful lunch and afternoon of spinning. More yarn and fibre founds its way into my bag and came home with me.




Maggie, this is the clown blanket I was telling you about this afternoon. I know you don't like clowns but I still love this blanket.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 2:34 a.m., Blogger Jane said…

    Oh that sounds so good, meeting up and spinning. Something I've always fancied having a go at.

     
  • At 11:17 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    So glad to see you posting again.
    Miss you guys terribly.
    Wish that I was interested in spinning but I'd have to do it between midnight and 6 am:(

    Hope to see you soon.
    M.

     
  • At 3:43 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    Joseph looked so handsome!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL