Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tour de Fleece Done!

Here's the finished spinning challenge I set for myself in the Tour de Fleece. I wanted to spin a minimum of 10 minutes per day and finish the 225 grams of fibre. Well, I spun 225 grams of the Northern Lights in colour cotton candy and did spin at least 10 minutes per day except one rest day because my knee was really bothering me. The picture on the left is the skein I finished yesterday. The picture on the right is both skeins. I took Maggie's advice when I plyed the second singles and didn't bother to count treadles and just watched the yarn as I plyed. I am very pleased with the final result. I still have a long way to go to get to where I want to be but this was some good spinning (IMHO) There was one curley "q" from a single that managed to skip past me but that's alright. I had one in the first skein as well so now they match. I want to work on getting more consistent singles. I need to keep playing with the drafting methods to see which one works best for me to spin fine yarns but I am trying not to be so hard on myself. This spinning I am proud to say I spun.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! That is some seriously kickass spinning ;)

     
  • At 6:57 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    looking good!!!! Congrats on meeting your challenge :)

     
  • At 1:12 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations! That's nice looking yarn you've got there.

     
  • At 6:31 a.m., Blogger Lenny said…

    Congratulations on finishing the Tour ! These skeins look absolutely delicious :-)

     
  • At 1:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely handspun, you should be proud!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL