Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spring Forward

Not much knitting has gone on around this place lately. I've been busy with the Tour de Fleece and when I am not spinning I've been too hot to have this alpaca shawl in my lap. Then it dawned on me that if it's too hot I should go back to the doily I was working on. That's cotton and not in my lap. I brought it with me to snb on Tuesday but I wasn't able to concentrate so I put it aside and cast on a sock. I wasn't sure what pattern I was going to do but since I do it toe up it didn't really matter. Yesterday I decided I would knit the Spring Forward socks. The yarn is something I had never heard of before. It's called On Your Toes by SRK. I was attracted to the colours so I bought one ball. So far it is knitting up nicely and it's easy to work with.

The pressure is on to finish the Tour de Fleece. I have very little singles left to spin but I have to ply as well. My right knee is bothering me a little today so I am not sure if I am going to give it a rest tonight or not. Everything has to be done by Sunday. I just hope I finish.

Joseph has been telling me for awhile that his braces will come off soon. I was sceptical because he hasn't had to use those bands some kids need. He had another appointment today so I asked. It might not be more than another 2 months or so. That's pretty good considering it is just the 2 year mark next month since he had them put on. He's not a happy camper because they want one of his bottom teeth to move another millimeter. To him if that's all that's left then he could forget about it and have the braces off tomorrow. To be honest, I can't wait until they come off as well. We are going to have some soft of party when the are removed.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:25 a.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Love the colors.
    :)

     
  • At 1:06 p.m., Blogger N. Maria said…

    Love your sock! I guess I didn't know you were a spinner as well as a sock designer. I, actually, need to learn more about spinning than I do. Like you said, I have a lot to spin!!
    I really loved knitting your Branched Fern and the lady I gave them to...loves them more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL