Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ravelympics 2008

My project for Ravelympics 2008 is the Evelyn Clark's Flower Basket Shawl. I finished it this afternoon. I am shocked that it knit up so quickly. I knit it with the Malabrigo Merino Silk in colour Indiecita and I started with 6mm needles and then went down to 5.5mm needles. It's blockin on my son's bed and that's why you see the hot wheels. I blocked it folded in half because that means less pinning and not as big a strain on my back as I bend over the bed.

Since I have enough yarn left over to knit a second shawl, I want to cast on and finish it as part of my Ravelympics 2008 goal. This one won't knit as fast because I have to work and I won't be able to put in the daily knitting time I did Friday, Saturday and today. The good thing is that now I know the patter in my head so I won't have to worry about following the charts. That should speed things up a bit.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 4:19 p.m., Blogger Dreams of Yarn said…

    looks just gorgeous! Try to bring it to the next SnB so we can oooh and ahh over it in person. Congrats on meeting your goal!

     
  • At 5:20 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WHOA! That's some badass fast lace knitting, man. Good job!

     
  • At 5:47 p.m., Blogger Micky said…

    Wow, did the needles melt or catch fire?
    Beautiful!

     
  • At 7:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is so beautiful! Excellent knitting, Rochelle.

     
  • At 11:25 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    What a gorgeous shawl. You are fast knitter. I am still knitting on Morgan's little Intarsia sweater. I think you qualify for a gold medal in speed knitting.

     
  • At 8:26 a.m., Blogger Lenny said…

    What a beautiful shawl, and such lovely rich colours! Good luck on getting the secind one done in time for the Ravelympics - I couldn't imagine knitting this beautiful lace at that pace ...

     
  • At 3:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh what a great idea to block folded in half. That way both sides will end up symmetrical too. I'm going to do this when I re-block my Icarus (it got a bit misty on some rainy days).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL