Friday, August 15, 2008

All Done But The Blocking

Yesterday I went to the Purple Purl after work. I had to get some stuff for my daughter before I go to NY on Sunday. I ended up staying and knitting for quite awhile. They had a class after closing and I stuck around until the class was over. By the time I left I had one more repeat of chart 2 to do at home and then finish chart 3 and cast off. The second shawl is all done except for the blocking. Would you believe that the yarn you see here is all I had left of the skein when I finished casting off? I was so sure I was going to run out with only inches left to go. I bought an extra skein when I was at the Purl just in case. I'll exchange it for something else when I come back from my trip. I am going to try and get this blocked tomorrow but I have so much to do. I still have to pack and get ready. The flight out is very early Sunday morning so everything must be ready by the time I go to sleep tomorrow night. If I don't manage to get it blocked I'll do it when I come home. I will bring the blocked one to NY with me for Henny. She is going to be amazed at the softness.

The Purple Purl has the Malbrigo sock yarn. The colours are amazing and the yarn is just as soft as their other yarns. I see some skeins of this stuff in my future but it had to wait because I had other things to buy this time around.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:23 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Duuuude! That's the kind of 'cutting it close' I'd like to have more often. ;) It was nice to see you for a bit yesterday. I hope your trip is good.

     
  • At 3:41 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    I can't believe you knit two shawls that fast. So you're going to NY tomorrow? Which means we won't see you at SnB on Tuesday? I feel like I haven't seen you in ages! Have a great time. :)

     
  • At 6:26 p.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Wow you win in speed knitting! And they are gorgeous. Have fun in NY.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL