Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Canada

You would think that after 17 years in Canada I would be used to Thanksgiving in October. It still seems odd to me. Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

Now that the Forest Path Stole is done, I've started another lace project. I actually started this years ago and it became a UFO. Now that I am ready and eager to get back to knitting I can't find the bag that has the pattern. So I've started again from scratch. I know once this one is done I'll find the other one. The only consolation in that will be that I won't have to knit the edging all over again. The lace project I started is the Magickal Earth Shawl by Sandy Terp. It is from A Gathering of Lace. I was attracted to the pattern because of the unicorns. I became a little worried about the section that has random decreases so I put it aside. The previous version is being knit in a blue Jaggerspun Maine Line that I had in my stash. This one I am using the Elann.com Baby Lace Merino in Aubergine (purple) and 2mm needles. I've already completed 9 repeats of the edging so I only have 39 to go. If I can get the edging done in a month I'll be happy. I can remember the pattern in my head now so I am moving along at a pretty good clip. No work tomorrow so I hope I can get to 13 or 14 repeats done by the time I go to bed tomorrow but that might be pushing it. Tuesday is Snb night so either way I should make some progress.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:25 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Rochelle I seriously aspire to tackle lace the way you do. That Forest Path stole is on my list of knitting Dreams. Nice work again! And a Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

    Martha

     
  • At 12:02 a.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Happy Thanksgiving. You knit beautiful lacework.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL