Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Day 4 of NaBloPoMo

Today is election day in the US. It doesn't matter who you vote for, just get out and vote.

I have a doctor's appointment after work and then I head over to The Purple Purl for their Halloween Trick of Swapping. It should be lots of fun. I missed snb last week so I am looking forward to just getting out.

I am still baffled by teenagers. I know I was a little shit at that age too. I also remembered being AWFUL to my parents. I guess I am being paid back now.

Yesterday Paul, Joseph and I had a meeting with Joseph's teaching advisor. The high school that Joseph is going to has what they call "self directed learning." It is similar to university, I think, so if he eventually gets the hang of things here he will be much better prepared for university when the time comes. The problem is Joseph needs more structure. When I ask him if he is up to date on his units I get something mumbled like "pretty much." When the TA did the inteview yesterday Joseph is still so far behind I can't believe it. Last week he was given until yesterday to get all caught up. Did he hand in any units yesterday? Nope. He said he was too busy. I hate having to be the bad guy here and be like a policeman but if I don't do it he will continue to fall further and further behind. I've already taken away the Xbox. I don't know what else I can get rid of.

Betweem Joseph and the bloody bank still not refunding the money that was stolen from my account, furstration abounds. I was told 10 business days and it looks like they will take all 10. I still haven't heard anything and today is day 7. We'll see how it goes. If nothing happens by Friday I will try calling them again.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL