Sunday, November 23, 2008

Day 23 of NaBloPoMo

It took me most of the day yesterday but the border is FINALLY complete, grafted, and all the stitches are picked up. The grafting was a nightmare. I don't know how I managed to pull the stitches too tight when I was grafting but that's exactly what I did. So I had to loosen it one way and then work my way back to adjust the big loop I still had. Then I tackled picking up the sts. Do you have any idea how long it takes to pick up 1,152 stitches? I didn't time it but let's just say I was listening to a movie and the movie finished before I did. I'm now on row 6 of the Evergreen Trees chart so things are now moving along again. I used a 47" circular needle when I picked up all the sts but I wasn't comnfortable. I think, for me, the 47" was too long. Then I switched to Addi 40" but the join was a little difficult after a purl round. I rummaged all morning and found the 40" Knit Picks I have. I'm a much happier camper now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL