Friday, November 21, 2008

Day 21 of NaBloPoMo

One of the requirements for high school here in Ontario is you must complete 40 hours of community service before you can graduate. You have grades 9 through 12 to do it. Joseph competed in the debating competition in grades 7 and 8. The judges in the competition are high school students. He asked his gifted teacher from last year if he could help judge this year. Since he needs the hours anyway, Paul and I decided to let him go. I did tell Joseph he would have to make his way to the debating competition on his own in the morning. I was fine with that because it's just 2 buses to get there and not difficult at all. Paul on the other hand didn't like the idea and ended up taking him there this morning. I found that so interesting because on Wednesday when he needed to take the bus and subway to go to do an interview for a gifted project his group is working on, I was freaking out and Paul was a calm as could be. He said it was because Joseph would be going with 3 other people but when he went to the debate he would be alone.

Moms and dads are so different. I am making progress at letting go of the apron strings. It isn't easy but I am getting there. On Monday, when we went to the mall to try and get boots for Joseph, I let him go put his coat in the car while I stayed inside. Then I let him go to the food court to get something to drink. This was extremely difficult for me but I still did it. Baby steps.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL