Thursday, January 08, 2009

Pure Magick

It's really difficult to believe that the last time I posted was December 22nd. I have been consumed with trying to get this shawl finished. Well I took the sts off the needle about an hour ago. The shawl isn't blocked yet but I wanted to get some pictures anyway. The pattern is the Magickal Earth shawl. It's designed by Sandy Terp and so far I am pleased with the way it looks. I had a few year disasters but I'll tell all about that after the blocking.

I changed the way I did the moon section because I didn't like the way the pattern looked as written. I'll decide when it's blocked if I would do the same thing again. Now that this one is done I expect I'll find the one I started and misplaced anytime now.

I also made another change because I thought there was a mistake in the chart for the mountain and sky but I think I might like this way better.

The unicorn in this pattern is the reason I had to knit this shawl in the first place. I am a unicorn collector and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make a shawl with a unicorn.

Now to get it blocked. I hope to do that either tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on finishing! I can't wait to see what it looks like blocked.

     
  • At 9:50 p.m., Blogger Maggie said…

    It's so nice! And the colour in person is stunning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL