Sunday, February 01, 2009

Catching Up

The time between posts just seems to fly by. I've been planning to post since I came home from the Purl on Monday night and I never got around to it. Where does the time go? Kate Jacobs was at The Purple Purl on Monday night for a book signing. She did a reading from her latest book, Knit Two. It was a lot of fun and I am glad I decided to go and the weather cooperated for a change. I am looking forward to warmer weather so I can get to the Purl more often. It seems like whenever I want to go it snows. Spring will get here eventually no matter what the ground hog says tomorrow.
I decided to join yet another KAL. Most of the time I end up waiting until the pattern is complete and then knit it rather than knit the clues as they come out. This pattern is called The Vernal Equinox Shawl Surprise. I'm using Filtes King Color Baby by Needful Yarns. The colour is Pink Roses. I bought the yarn from elann.com. The yarn has a nice feel to it. I just hope the shawl isn't going to be extremely large. If I find it's too big I can always stop before the last clue, I suppose.

The first of the Coral Reef Socks complete and I'm on the leg part of the second sock. I hope to get it done by Tuesday. The only question is, once that sock is done what I am going to knit next? I've got some cashmere that I want to use. I just don't know what it wants to become yet. I know it's going to be a shawl I just wish I could figure out what shawl.

Yesterday I took one class at the Downtown Knit Collectives Winter Workshops. I think the next time I am going to take more than one. I just didn't have the time this weekend. The class I took was on interpreting Japanese Patterns. It was given by Patrick Madden. The class was fantastic. If there was anything I could say I wish, it is that the class would have been more than 3 hours. The class was way too short but very informative. I also have to get down to Village Yarns. I've never been there and Patrick works there. That's good enough reason for me to try and make a trip to the store. Now to figure out how to get there. Google Maps is my friend. Sorry, I don't have any pics. I forgot the camera at home yesterday. (I didn't make it to Romni either.)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL