Sunday, January 25, 2009

Let There Be Light

On Friday I went to the post office to pick up the latest custom spindle I had Tom from Golding Fiber Tools make for me. This one is a 2" whorl and it has the regular brass ring. It only weighs .72 oz or approximately 20 grams. Like all Golding spindles it spins like a dream and I just love it. I've been trying to get spindle spinning time in since it's been forever since I touched the wheel. I've got to get a better chair that I can use when I am at the wheel. We bought a new recliner but it doesn't work very well with the wheel so I'm looking for something. In the meantime, I've got lots of spindles so I'm having some fun with them. Yesterday I rotated between the 3 custom Goldings I have. I have some merino in a brown colourway that I bought from the Purple Purl on the Lighthouse. I have some hand carded fibre on the Unicorn and I have some alpaca (I think) on the Snowy Owl spindle. I'll probably finish the fibre on the unicorn first because there isn't that much of it.

On the knitting front I still have not finished the scarf I am working on but I have been knitting. Remember when I had startitis? Well I had knit the first sock past the heel and about halfway through the cuff when I realized I didn't like the way it looked. I knew I would never knit the second sock so I frogged the entire thing and started another sock at our last Snb on Tuesday. This pattern is called Coral Reef Socks and it's a free pattern I found on Ravelry. I wasn't sure about this pattern at first but I am liking it now. I'm knitting, as usual, from the toe up and I should get the first sock done today.

Tomorrow I hope to get to The Purple Purl to see Kate Jacobs. She's the author of the Friday Night Knit Club books. We're back in the deep freeze around here but at least it was sunny yesterday and today. It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow as well so I should be a go for the drive there.

Next weekend is the Downtown Knit Collective's workshop weekend and on Saturday I am taking a class on Japanese patterns. I am really looking forward to it. I just hope the weather will be alright because if I can get to Romni after class that's what I want to do. It's been forever since I was there.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL