Friday, November 16, 2007

Me & My Big Mouth

I should have known years ago that when I opened my mouth and told Joseph I would not allow him to go to Mary Ward that he would choose that school. Right now I am so furious I can't even speak. This is the only outlet I have at the moment. I also feel powerless to do anything about it. I should have known the writing was on the wall. I suppose the only good part is he chose Brebeuf as his second choice but there is no way he won't get into Mary Ward. So now I will spend the next year worried that he isn't getting his work done. I will say this much, and Joseph has been warned, if he doesn't finish all the courses that he needs to for grade 9 he won't be going back to Mary Ward for grade 10. I hate my life right now.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:17 a.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    Ugh. I remember being on the other side of that discussion, when my parents told me which high school I was not allowed to attend and I had to make a decision that reflected that. I'm sure it's hard for Joseph, especially if that's where his friends are going. I hope you're able to come to a reasonable compromise as a family. Good luck.

     
  • At 9:20 a.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Ugh...stories like yours make me wistful for the days when my biggest child challenge was scraping the upturned bowl of strained peas off of the kitchen floor.

    I'd be worried about a lack of structure at such a young age. That said, your Joseph is a very bright young man and may really rise to meet the challenge.

    hugs to you both,

     
  • At 10:15 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    What's so wrong with that school? Sorry to hear he wants to be there and you don't want him to go!

     
  • At 8:21 a.m., Blogger Cathy said…

    Hi,
    No one knows your son better than you, and teenagers often make bad choices based on their short life experience (not to mention based on their friends!) As a parent of sons in their teens to twenties, I understand your dilemma and pain. Don't be afraid to stick to your guns. Trust your instincts. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL