Friday, November 16, 2007

All Dressed Up

Sparkle is all dressed up now. I've finished all the mini socks for now. I still have more I want to do but I have to find more bits of sock yarn. I just love the way he looks. Even Paul said it is adorable. Yarn used from left to right - Hanging Baskets hand dyed yarn from Maggie at Dyed In The Wool Handmade. Cherry Red from Cherry Tree Hill, Super Sock yarn. Another yarn from Maggie, Lang Jawoll Cotton, navy blue sock yarn that I don't know the yarn company, and the last one I don't know either. the last two socks are from some bits I got from Chelle.

I altered the pattern that comes along with Sparkle just a little bit. I wanted a longer sock that I had when I followed the pattern to the letter. So, I switched to 2.25mm needles hoping for a longer sock. It was longer but not as long as I liked so I added 2 rounds to the k1p1 ribbing and 1 rnd to the st st leg section. I also added 2 rows to the heel flap, and voila, a great fitting mini sock. I even got much better at avoiding those pesky little holes once I did a few of these. Now I can complete a sock in less than 30 minutes and I only have to look at the pattern for the toe.

I love the look. I think I want to get another one for my daughter and get it all dressed before I go to NY next month.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:14 p.m., Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    I bought Sparkle too. Now I just need to find time to make those socks for her before baby number 2 comes along. I have approx. 31-33 weeks to go then!

     
  • At 12:15 a.m., Blogger Maureen said…

    What a great idea - very cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL