Monday, March 05, 2007

There Is Almost A Light At The End Of The Tunnel

I went to see the GYN today. I didn't get any answers and I honestly didn't expect I would. I knew I would have to have at least one more test before I knew what was going on. I have an appointment on March 22nd for an endometrial biopsy. The doctor said I should have the results a week after that. So, I should know what's going on by the end of the month.

On the knitting front, I give up on the knit-off. The first pattern is colour knitting and I just didn't have the head for trying to work with the bobbin. I love aran, lace, socks, etc. but the one thing I don't do is colour knitting unless it is stripes or mosaic knitting where you work with one colour on each row/round. I took a class about 10 years ago to try and get the hang of colour knitting and I learned a very important lesson. I don't like fairisle and I despise intarsia. I have a lot of respect for people when I see their intricate colour knitting. I have no idea how they manage it. Give me a complicated lace design any day of the week. Don't give me intarsia.

I'm doing more samples for The Walker Treasury Project and I managed to get most of them done over the weekend. They are all from books 3 and 4. I only have 2 left and I already cast on for one. Then I have to get them blocked and pictures taken.

In other knitting, I am still working on the Forest Path Stole. I am now on tier 8. I bought some small stitch holders so I can put the rectangles on the holders and get a better picture of my progress. Hopefully I'll get that done tonight or tomorrow.

I went to Maggie's on Saturday. I had a wonderful time. I am amazed everytime I go up there just how quick the drive is. I always think it should take a long time but in fact it's usually about 30 minutes. It takes me almost as long to get across the city as it does to go north of the city. I love her Lendrum wheel. I agree with Maggie, the only thing I think could be added is some sort of a handle that you can use to lift the wheel. My Joy has one and the pictures I've seen of the Louet Victoria that folding wheel has one as well.

Michelle was kind enough to make me a low carb cheese cake. I've been craving the sweets for a few weeks now and I don't want to give in. So I asked Michelle if she could come up with a low carb something that I can have to combat the craving. The cheese cake was her answer. She brought it up to Maggie's on Friday night and I picked it up when I went to Maggie's on Saturday. All I can say is Michelle can cook for me anytime. The chicken soup she made for me was great and I can't even put into words how good that cheese cake was. I would try and get the recipe but I don't think I could make it even if I had it.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like fair isle but I'm not that fond of intarsia. We don't all have to like the same kind of knitting though. There's plenty of knitting for everyone.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL