Saturday, February 17, 2007

Frustration Abounds

No knitting or spinning news to report. I didn't manage to get any spinning done last night and I am still working on the castle section of the blanket and tier 4 of the stole.

I am so frustrated at the moment I can't even put it into words. I just got home from Dr. Poon's office. In the last month I gained .2 pounds. That's better than gaining more but the thing is I don't understand why I am not losing. I go back in 3 weeks and I will keep a strict food diary. I had planned to after I went to see him last time but I just didn't get around to doing it. I have to bring it with me when I go for my next visit so I will definitely be keeping it over the next 3 weeks.

The only things I can think of that are the culprit are the cream in the coffee (which isn't more than 2 TBS and I only have 1 coffee per day except on SnB nights when I have 2) or the salad dressing. I used to just use the Kraft Calorie-Wise Italian but I got sick of it. Since the program is low carb I started using creamy salad dressings with 0 carbs. Maybe the fat content is getting in the way. I don't really know.

Paul bought me a heart box from Laura Secord for Valentine's Day. He had bought me the Bossie spindle but that arrived early so I guess he wanted to get me something to hand me on the 14th and that was his choice. I said thanks but no thanks and gave it to him to eat. I didn't even have a bite. I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!!! I just keep telling msyelf it will start to fall again and even if it doesn't you are better off at the current weight than you were at the old weight so just keep eating the right foods no matter what.

On the positive side, I gained 1.7 pounds of water according to the body analyzer scale but my fat % went down by 1.1% and my fat mass went down 2.4 pounds. So the question remains WHY AM I NOT LOSING WEIGHT???

I have an appointment on Monday for a complete physical. I haven't had one in years because I didn't want to go on the scale (stupid I know but I still hate getting weighed). I have been having some pains in the right back (around my waist area) and with my history I decided it was time to check it out. I've had these pains before and the doctor has always said it was muscular. When I mentioned it to Dr. Poon today he also said it is most likely muscular but I don't want to take any chances. I've been stressing over this a lot and once I finally made the appointment to see the doctor I've started stressing even more. I'm glad the appointment is on Monday so I can just get it over with. Then I can go for whatever tests the doctor decides I need.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:48 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Good luck at your doctor's appt on Monday...FWIW, I haven't had a physical in YEARS for pretty much the same reasons.

    e

     
  • At 7:26 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope your doctor's appointment goes well!

     
  • At 1:33 a.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    I don't know what to tell you about the frustration of weight loss that you probably have heard before. It is just frustrating. You sound like you are on the right track and you know what to do. Just keep plugging away at it. The weight will eventually come off.

     
  • At 5:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yosemite,
    Good to hear you're not giving up. The reason you're not losing "weight" is because you're gaining some in water while losing some in fat! If you had lost the 1.7 pounds of water instead of gaining it you would have lost 3.5 pounds overall! Try drinking around 2.5 liters of water a day (the creme in your coffee is OK :)-very low fat/sugar!)to lower that water level (or just eat less sodium - watch out for canned/packaged/frozen goods!)The fact your fat mass went down is a good thing! that's usually the hardest thing to lose. The food diary will really help diagnose what the problem could be, even a tiny thing like an extra fruit here and there can cause the problem! Good luck!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL