Monday, February 05, 2007

Early Valentine

It's been FRIGID outside lately. This morning the windchill was around -30C and we should hopefully have some relief by Thursday. I was feeling a lot better when the postman came to the office this afternoon with 2 boxes for me. One box was my Woolee Winder. I ordered the winder at the end of last year and I was just getting ready to email to find out when it might be shipped when it showed up. It is different spinning with the woolee winder than with the flywheel that comes with the Joy. It's great not having to worry about hooks but I have to get used to it. I'll need more practice before I become comfortable with it.

The second box was the order from Journey Wheel. Paul ordered a featherweight spindle as a Valentines gift for me. I picked it out but he ordered it. It's 13 grams and is from zebrawood. This spindle spins like a top. I am amazed at just how much it spins. It gets to the floor and it's still spinning. Right now it is so light and it's easy to spin very fine yarn. I don't know how miuch it shows up in the picture but it is the finest I have been able to spin either on the wheel or on a spindle since I started spinning.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:11 p.m., Blogger Unknown said…

    Congrats! You must be so excited to finally have the Woolee Winder. And the new Bossie is so pretty.

     
  • At 8:25 a.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    Wow...that Zebrawood is pretty exotic!

    BTW, you have been tagged...sorry...

    check out my blog

     
  • At 4:00 p.m., Blogger Elysbeth said…

    Wow! What a considerate Valentine. And you didn't have to wait. I am amazed at how fine your spinning is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL