Friday, January 26, 2007

Confession

I have been giving some serious thought to the blanket I want to make for grandchild due in May. I wanted to spin enough yarn for the blanket but I don't think I will be able to do that. I am not pleased with the consistency of my spinning yet to trust it to something as important as a blanket for a grandchild to be. So I needed something from my stash to use. For this blanket I don't know if the baby will be a boy or a girl so I need a neutral colour. I couldn't find anything in the stash I was able to get to. Therefore, I would have to buy something for the next blanket. So, today I bought 3 balls of this yarn but I am not sure if I will need more or not. The pattern calls for 1500 meters and I have 1380 meters. There is a possibility that I will have enough but I have to knit it up to know for sure. The problem is the yarn is discontinued and what the yarn shop has is all there is and she won't be getting more in. What I think I am going to do is ask her to put one ball aside for me and try and knit this as quickly as possible. I should know after I finish the first ball if I will have enough or not. I didn't really break my rules because I didn't find anything in my stash and the blanket must be finished by May which is still in the KFYS time frame. I just wish I had found something. I think when I was gathering my stash I wasn't thinking babies and I don't usually get pastel shades. Most of my stash is blues and purples.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:18 a.m., Blogger LadyLungDoc said…

    Oy, is that fingering weight yarn?!? A blanket out of that???

    You could pick up the 4th skein and make a matching hat/booties, etc.

     
  • At 3:30 a.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Yup, it's fingering weight yarn. The pattern calls for 1200 meters and according to the pattern, unless it is a typo and I think it must be, each 50 gram ball of yarn is supposed to have 300 meters and you need 5 balls. I would imagine that yardage is even finer than fingering. I don't always use fingering but I liked this shade of minty green so that's why I bought this yarn. I'll think about the sweater and booties. Thanks for the idea.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL