Monday, January 22, 2007

Sidetracked Again

It's not like I didn't knit on the blanket at all over the weekend. I did manage to get the castle finished and I just started the second set of star blocks. What I didn't do is knit on this as much as I thought I was going to. Why you might ask? That's easy - spinning! When I bought the spindle on Saturday I had to play with it. That made me want to play with the other ones as well. You don't want them to feel left out do you? Besides, I told myself, the blanket is getting to big to take over to my in-laws. With the weight of the blanket on my lap I get too hot. At home I have a fan when that happens and I just turn it on. When we go to my in-laws to do laundry there is no fan to combat the problem. So yesterday I brought 3 spindles instead of the blanket. I brought 2 Forrester spindles and my Bossie. I spun the fibre I had on each of them and by then it was time to pack up and go home.

When I got home I pulled out the wheel. I can explain that too. Chris at Joybilee Farms had given me a tip to put some velcro on the flyer for when you stop spinning. I bought the sticky kind and after a while it kept coming off. So I took it off and cleaned the flyer from the goop and tried to go on without it. I gave up and read the instructions on the self sticking velcro and put another one on the flyer. The instructions say let it sit for 24 hours. I had to test it out didn't I? Once I started spinning I couldn't stop until I finished spinning and plying the Fleece Artist Merino Sliver I got at Gemini Fibres a few weeks ago. The skeins are balanced but I still think parts of it are under plied. I have to give them a bath tonight and then once the first blanket is done I am going to knit these up into something. I am not quite sure what yet but it will be something wonderful.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:53 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    You know Rochelle, most of us have addictions. I think that if your addiction makes you creative and industrious it can't be a bad thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL