Saturday, January 27, 2007

First FO For 2007

I was so close to finishing this blanket last night, I decided not to do the Friday night spinners and just knit instead. I just finished casting off and tucking in the cast on and cast off tails. I used russian join to join the new balls of yarn so I don't have any of those ends to tuck in. I still have to block it but I am considering it an FO anyway. I won't get to block it until Monday morning so I'll post one last picture once the blanket is dry. I've also come to a decision about this blanket the next time I make it in DK weight yarn. I think I am going to forget about the floral borders all around the blanket and just do it with the nine sections and a garter stitch border. The blanket is a little big this way. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I am going to cast on for the next blanket later tonight but right now my hands need a knitting break. Here are the final numbers for this blanket. I cast on January 10th and cast off January 27th. I used 10.5 balls of the Hobby yarn on size 4mm needles. I'll post final measurements once the blanket is blocked. I am surprised I finished this before the baby was born. I didn't think I was going to make it. I'm glad I did.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:16 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's absolutely lovely - what's the pattern?

    A very lucky baby I'd say :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL