Saturday, February 10, 2007

Entrelac Fun

I managed to cast on the Forest Path Stole last night. I finished the first tier and finished the first block of the second tier when I realized I did the wrong pattern for the first block so I had to rip it back. Since I could put the needles down flat I decided to take a picture of my progress. I am using 3.25mm needles. Right now I am using the Knit Picks Options but I don't know if I am going to have to move to longer needles at some point. I hope not. What I like most about the Options needles are the cords. I love the needle tips as well but I find these cords even easier to work with than the Addis. I was going to try using the longer Addi's but the cord is much stiffer than the Options and I didn't feel like boiling water to soften them up. Once I take the needles out in the cold I'd be right back where I started so I didn't bother. I can only work on this project at home. I am not going to go out with the cone from place to place and I don't want to join unless I encounter knots in the cone so I'll work on the stole when I am at home. I'll work on the baby blanket when I go out. It's much more portable.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:37 p.m., Blogger Beth said…

    You are trying to tell me that you jsut cast that on last night? I can't believe it. I'm only on the second triangle and I've been working on it for days. I want to come to your house. Ther must be fewer distractions - or magic.
    I am impressed!

     
  • At 11:07 p.m., Blogger LadyLungDoc said…

    Is that entrelac lace?!? My word!

     
  • At 12:02 a.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Wow, you and I were having the same kind of knitting day! Or should I say ticking day. I love the Forrest Path Stole. It is a gorgeous pattern. Give it a little time and come back to it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL