Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Secret Pal 10

I've never participated in a secret pal before. Now that I have a blog I would like to give it a try so I've signed up. I'm just waiting for the confirmation.

Here is the questionnaire for SP10.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like natural fibres that are soft. I can't use or wear wool that is itchy. I don't have a problem with superwash wool but things like Lopi I can't wear. Same goes for mohair.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a ziplock pouch that a friend made for me.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I've been knitting for almost 40 years. My mom taught me one summer so I wouldn't bug her. She needed to keep me occupied. I consider myself advanced except for colour knitting. I don't do colour knitting at all.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, it's under my email address.

5. What's your favorite scent?

I like lavender/lilac.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Yes but alas I don't eat candy of any kind anymore because once I start I can't stop.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

Yes, I learned to spin about 3 months ago using a top whorl spindle. I now have many spindles and an Ashford Joy spinning wheel. I also am experimenting with dyeing yarn. Next I want to try and dye fibre but I've been a little too chicken to try so far.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Country, Rock, Classical, most types except rap which I don't even think is music. Yes, I have an MP3 player.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

Lavender and purple are my favourite. I am not fond of green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live in Toronto with my husband of 15 years and our 12 year old son. I have 6 children that are in New York City and 6 grandchildren.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I wear scarves and ponchos but I don't usually wear hats or mittens.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Socks, shawls, and doilies.

13. What are you knitting right now?

A baby blanket for my future grandchild that's due in May.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

I don't usually receive handmade gifts.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer circular needles and my favourites are Addi's and Knit Picks Options

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes I have both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

I have an intarsia sweater I tried to knit for Joseph about 10 years ago but I never finished it because I can't stand colour knitting.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Victoria Day because it is close to my birthday and that means I sometimes have the day off work.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Unicorns and monopoly games are the first things that popped into my head.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I subscribe to Knitters, Interweave Knits and Spin-Off. I can't think of any books right now but I love lace and socks and I have a lot of books on both subjects.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I would like to learn needle felting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I love to knit socks and only knit using the magic loop method now. I wear a size 8 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

May 22nd.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I started needle felting a little while ago and I've really enjoyed it. One of these days I'm going to try knitting a doily.

     
  • At 8:47 p.m., Blogger Debi said…

    Hi Rochelle! I haven't seen mention of the FPS on your blog, are you still planning on joining us? No pressure but I'm checking because Thursday is our group's update day!

     
  • At 9:11 p.m., Blogger Yosemite said…

    Hi Deb. Yes I do but I know I won't be starting on time. I have too finish the blanket for the grandbaby due in May first. If that is alright then I will put the button on my blog. I probably won't get to finish it before the summer.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL