Thursday, February 15, 2007

It's A Good Thing...

It's a good thing fibre isn't included in my Knit From Your Stash 2007 rules. I don't think I could resist the fibre, especially since I'm a new spinner and my fibre stash doesn't come anywhere near my yarn stash. Here is what I received from Crown Mountain Farms earlier in the week. The roving is Superwash Merino in the following colourways:

Ain't No Mountain High Enough.

It's My Party

Maggie bought this colourway and spun it into the most gorgeous yarn. The socks she knit with it are amazing. I just couldn't resist getting the same stuff.

Finally, this is Wild Thing.

I always find it interesting how much different the yarn looks once it's spun. The yarn doesn't look anything like the roving. I can't wait to see what these rovings are going to turn into.

I ordered the starter dye kit from Knit Picks and it arrived today. Now I have to decide how I want to use it. I received a kilogram of polworth roving from Knit Knackers and I think I want to try and dye at least part of it. What I have to decide now is if I want more colours of this dye or if I just want to use what I have. I think I am going to get more supplies, pans, bottles, etc. and then do some playing around before I actually dye the roving.

On the knitting front, I'm working on the FPS when I am at home and on the baby blanket when I go out. I am in the middle of tier 4 on the stole and I hope to get through tier 5 or 6 by the end of the weekend. I am 1/3 of the way through the castle section on the baby blanket. Since the baby isn't due until May I can take my time working on it.

Tomorrow is Friday Night Spinners night and I am going to spin tomorrow night. I haven't decided what I want to spin yet but I haven't had time to spin for over a week so I'm ready to pull the wheel out.


2 Comments:

  • At 11:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fun roving colors! The yarn I get from dyed roving always surprises me.

     
  • At 1:20 a.m., Blogger Sheila said…

    Oh, the first picture looks kinda organic. I'll bet the roving will make great yarns. I have used Jacquard dye/fabric paints for dying cloth for quilting. It is a lot of fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL