Thursday, February 22, 2007

Relief & Anxiety

I got a call from the doctor's office at work today. They got back the results of the ultrasound and I have kidney stones. I have never had this problem before but now I wonder if all the times I've had similar pains it's been the same thing and the pain stopped when I passed the stones. I don't understand how I could possibly get these things when I already drink between 3 and 4 litres of water every day. It's a must on the weight loss program I'm on. The amount you have to drink depends on your weight and although I don't drink as much now as I did when I first started on the program I still drink a lot every day. So, the relief is it's kidney stones. The anxiety is it's kidney stones because I have NO idea how to get rid of these things. I'm going to see the doctor tomorrow to discuss it and I'll go from there.

On the knitting front there is no progress. I haven't touched the needles since the weekend. I've done a little spinning but I still have to finish the confetti bobbin. I hope I'll get that done tonight.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:12 p.m., Blogger Chelle said…

    That's great news Rochelle...not about the kidney stones...just that it isn't anything more serious!

    Hope you are feeling better.

     
  • At 7:18 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never had kidney stones so I know almost nothing about them. At least it wasn't anything more serious.

     
  • At 7:43 p.m., Blogger kimbelina said…

    Sorry to hear about the kidney stones -- my mom has suffered from those since she was 15. (I think her latest ultrasound still shows five of those suckers kicking around.)
    Hope you're feeling better soon.

     
  • At 9:43 a.m., Blogger Sheri said…

    I don't know anything about kidney stones but just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. Glad it wasn't anything more serious.
    Sheri in GA

     
  • At 10:27 a.m., Blogger Michelle said…

    I don't know a thing about kidney stones but if they're semi precious maybe you can have them mounted in a pendant!

    Take care, any weekend plans?
    Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

AddURL